Summer holiday in Grossarl
Hiking, mountain biking, Sports & Leisure Centre in Grossarl etc.
As guests here on the Aubauer Organic Farm you can take part in the guided activities organised by Berg-Gesund free of charge. The choice is wide and varied: relaxtion day in the mountains with hiking, botany etc., yoga walk, demanding hikes and mountain tours, hike & fly gliding tour, taster climbing... equipment required can be rented at small extra charge.
Hiking & mountain climbing
in the valley of the alpine huts
The Grossarl Valley, also called the "Valley of the Alms", is a real paradise for hikers. After a sumptuous breakfast you head up to amazing heights with lush alpine meadows, gushing streams and crystal-clear air. The valley is part of the High Tauern National Parks and offers in addition to well-signposted hiking paths and climbing trails a wealth of alpine huts open for refreshment. Stop at our farm's own alpine hut, the Aualm and be pampered with home-made produce.
- Extensive, sign-posted network of hiking trails - approx. 400 km in total
- Tours to suit every taste: hut & lake hikes, themed hikes, chapel paths, trekking tours, mountain & high tours plus climbing trails
- Salzburger Almenweg leads through the region
- Around 40 alpine huts open to the public offering local delicacies (open mostly from mid-June to mid-September), farm's own Aualm at an altitude of 1,795 m
- Region Grossarl Valley awarded the Austrian Hiking Seal of Approval
- Hiking using cable cars with the Panorama cable car Grossarl Valley & the Hochbrand cable car
- Guided hikes & mountain tours with Berg-Gesund (free of charge for Aubauer guests)
- Travel to and from your starting-point and back with the Wanderbus & Wandertaxi
Mountain biking & cycling
in the Grossarl Valley
The terrain in the region is great for bikers, who love a challenge. There's something for everyone on the mountain bike routes along alpine pasture and forest tracks. Fortify yourself with a platter snack in on of the cosy alpine huts and savour the fabulous view. A tip: on an e-bike you can easily conquer the steepest mountain trails. Give it a go! The gentle Valley Cycle Path in the Grossarl Valley is particularly recommended for families with children.
- A total of 140 km of mountain bike trails (16 marked biking routes) offering 13,000 m height difference & varying levels of difficulty
- Member region of Mountainbike Holidays
- Pleasure cycling & family trips along the Valley Cycle Path
- Single trail Grossarl Valley: 3.3 km long Flow Mountainbike Singletrail, height difference of 432 m, start at the top station of the 8-seater cable car in Grossarl
- E-bike, mountain bike & cycle rental from the sports shops in Grossarl
- Mountain bike & e-bike tours starting at the organic farm
Sports & Leisure Centre in Grossarl
The extensive Sports and Leisure Centre with Adventure Swimming Pool enhances your summer holiday in Grossarl perfectly. In the swimming pool young and old whizz down the giant water slide, swim lengths, splash around in the toddlers' pool and savour the warm sun's rays on the sunbathing lawn. Next door you'll find a variety of ball sports available. At the "Ruck Zucki's Gaudi Alm" children eyes begin to twinkle. Here you'll find a children's alpine hut, a mini farm with living animals, an alpine lake etc.
- Leisure Centre convering 36.000 m2 for all ages
- Adventure swimming pool: outdoor pool with 4 lanes, slides, diving boards, large sunbathing lawn...
- Courts for beach volleyball, tennis, crazy golf, football, street soccer
- Adventure playground "Rucki Zucki's Gaudi-Alm": children's alpine huts, mini farm, goat shed with petting animals, mountain stream with dams, mountain lake with raft, go-kart track, crystal mine with underground caves, tree house path, wave slide, toddlers' area etc - free admission
Other summer activities
Anglers will love the fish-rich and clear mountain waters from the Schödertal and the glaciers of the Keeskogel. The natural habitat for fish is varied with large pools, gravel banks, quiet river passages. But also other activities in the Grossarl Valley offer plenty of ideas for your holiday activities: archery, adventure sports...
- Fishing & angling in the Grossarler Ache & in the Ötzlsee Lake, fishing licence available from the Tourist Office in Grossarl
- 3D-archery: bow and arrow course at the Hoamalm
- For golf enthusiasts: Golfclub Goldegg, OPEN GOLF St. Johann, Golfclub Gastein, Golfclub Tauerngolf Radstadt – all courses within an hour's drive away
- Action sports courses available from the local Sports Clubs