Ski & winter holiday in Grossarl
Skiing, cross country skiing, backcountry skiing… in the Grossarl Valley, Ski amadé
Enjoy a varied winter holiday in the Grossarl Valley! Profit from our membership to Berg-Gesund and take part free of charge in a variety of mountain sports winter activities e.g. backcountry ski tours, snowshoe walks, taster ice climbing... special equipment (touring skis, safety equipment, snowshoes etc.) can be rented at an extra charge.
Skiing & snowboarding in Ski amadé
Pure skiing pleasure in the family-friendly and snow-sure Grossarl Valley. The ski areas of the Grossarl Valley, connected to Dorfgastein, are part of the well-known Ski amadé. Black slopes for experts, red slopes for experienced skiers, blue slopes for beginners, a snow park etc. - make the most of the colourful possibilities on your ski holiday in the Grossarl Valley. From the Aubauer Organic Farm you can acces the pistes comfortably: the ski bus stops right in front of the house and transports you in 5 minutes to the Panorama Cable Car.
- 73 km of pistes & 17 modern lifts in the Grossarl Valley-Dorfgastein ski area
- Attractions: Kid's area fun slope & snow park
- Part of the Ski amadé: multi-day lift pass covers a total of 760 km of pistes & 270 lifts
- Ski huts open to the public for refreshment stops
- Ski & snowboard schools in Grossarl
- Ski bus stop right by the Aubauer Farm, approx. 5 minutes journey time to the valley station
- Ski cellar with ski boot dryer on the farm
- Ski amadé & corona
Cross country skiing & back country skiing
In winter you'll find an extensive, well-groomed network of trails in Grossarl and Hüttschlag. Those looking for the tranquility of nature, should try a back country ski tour. The Grossarl Valley with its 12 small side valleys is very popular amongst backcountry skiers due to its wide range of tour possiblities. Conquer the Grossarl peaks in small steps, savour the sunny views and enjoy the descents on unspoilt deep-snow slopes.
- Network of cross country trails - over 25 km long in Großssarl & Hüttschlag (mostly groomed for classic & skating style)
- Night trail "Reitwiese" in Grossarl (approx. 2 km long) & night trail around the Aschaustüberl in Hüttschlag (approx. 3 km long)
- Cross country lessons available at the ski schools
- A variety of backcountry ski tour routes in the whole of the Grossarl Valley – please enquire about the current avalanche situation
Snowshoe hikes & winter walks, tobogganing
Take a break from fun on the slopes and explore the snowy, romantic winter landscape on foot or on snowshoes. You'll just love it! A floodlit, traffic-free natural toboggan run at the Hotel Lammerwirt promises fun tobogganing for all ages.
- Varied snowshoe walks in the Grossarl Valley
- Rental of snowshoes & poles available from the sports shops in the resort
- Guided snowshoe hikes with Berg-Gesund (free participation for our farm guests)
- Around 35 km of cleared winter footpaths, weekly fairy-tale walk by torchlight (organised by the Tourist Office in the Grossarl Valley)
- Floodlit toboggan run by the Hotel Lammerwirt - approx. 3 km long, ascent on foot or on the toboggan express, rental of sledges available on site
Horse-drawn sleigh rides & ice sports
Snorting, proud horses pull the sleighs through the winter wonderland in the Grossarl Valley. Wrapped up warmly in fluffy blankets you'll be charmed by the tranquility of nature, the glistening ice crystals and the snow-covered landscape gently passing by. If you prefer more action, you can try out the traditional sport of ice curling or twirl around the ice skating rink in Grossarl.
- Horse-drawn sleigh rides in Grossarl & Hüttschlag bookable
- 5 curling rinks in the whole of the Grossarl Valley
- Ice skating rink at the Leisure Centre in Grossarl, floodlit in the evening, free admission